Ethics Working Group: Events
Quarterly Web Meeting Schedule
2021 Dates » January 22nd | April 23rd | 🔜 July 23rd | October 22nd
CSA Ethics holds a quarterly web meeting call at noon (12 pm ET) on a Friday.
CSA Ethics posts a reminder on its (member-only) community forum a few weeks prior [Join today]. We welcome and encourage all members to attend those meetings!
CSA Ethics Meeting (July 23rd, 2020)
🔐 Detailed Agenda [Soon] (CSA Ethics Members Access only)
□ Recap of Last Meeting and Action Items.
□ Biodiversity Ethics (Subgroup Work Session): Review the answers to-date to the call to gather case studies for ethical issues in ecology and conservation. Refine the work process going forward.
CSA Ethics hosts invited talks and both participates in and run CSA webinars.
- July 24, 2020: Citizen Science for Social Justice (Invited Talk). Abby Kinchy (recorded)
- May 18, 2020: Building Trustworthy Data Practices (CSA Webinar). Lisa Rasmussen, Elizabeth Jones (recorded)
- January 31, 2019: How to Make Your Research Transparent. Chris Santos-Lang (recorded)
- November 30, 2018: Stakeholder Analysis webinar. Stacy Lynn (recorded)
- September 13, 2018: Citizen Science Ethics 101 webinar. Chris Santos-Lang (recorded)
- October 5, 2017: Citizen Science and Ethics webinar with NIEHS’s Partnerships for Environmental Public Health (PEPH)
- Ethics in Citizen Science. Kelly Edwards
- Filling the Ethics Gap in Citizen Science Research: A Workshop Report. Lisa Rasmussen
- September 6-8, 2017: Open Science Fair
- July 27, 2017: Twitter #CitSciChat
- July 16-18, 2017: Filling the ‘Ethics Gap’ in Citizen Science. (Agenda, Attendees, List of Identified Ethical Issues)
- Current U.S. Regulatory Environment. Toby Schonfeld
- A Framework for Addressing Ethical Issues in Citizen Science. David Resnik and Kevin Elliott
- GalaxyZoo’s Code of Ethics. Jordan Raddick
- Research Ethics Consultation Model. Ana Iltis
- The Place of Ethics in the Federal Citizen Science Toolkit. Lea Shanley
- July 11, 2017: Twitter #CitSciChat
- May 20, 2017: Workshop: Filling the ‘Ethics Gap’ in Citizen Science Research CSA Conference 2017 (reported by Muki Haklay)
- May 19, 2017: Symposium: Keeping Tabs of Ethics CSA Conference 2017
- May 18, 2017: World Cafe: Which citizens have a moral responsibility to participate in science, and how can we tell when that responsibility has been fulfilled? CSA Conference 2017
- May 3-4, 2017: Pollution, Environmental Justice, and Citizen Science at the University of Warwick