Ethics Working Group: Events
Quarterly Web Meeting Schedule
2021 Dates » January 22nd | 🔜 April 23rd | July 23rd | October 22nd
CSA Ethics holds a quarterly web meeting call at noon (12 pm ET) on a Friday.
CSA Ethics posts a reminder on its (member-only) community forum a few weeks prior [Join today]. We welcome and encourage all members to attend those meetings!
Next CSA Ethics Meeting (April 23rd, 2020)
🔐 Detailed Agenda (CSA Ethics Members Access only)
□ Intro to CSA Connect: Demo of the new CSA community platform > show how it helps collaborative work.
□ Biodiversity Ethics (Subgroup Work Session): discussing the needs for biodiversity / conservation fieldwork ethics, and a “Principles of” resource.
CSA Ethics hosts invited talks and both participates in and run CSA webinars.
- July 24, 2020: Citizen Science for Social Justice (Invited Talk). Abby Kinchy (recorded)
- May 18, 2020: Building Trustworthy Data Practices (CSA Webinar). Lisa Rasmussen, Elizabeth Jones (recorded)
- January 31, 2019: How to Make Your Research Transparent. Chris Santos-Lang (recorded)
- November 30, 2018: Stakeholder Analysis webinar. Stacy Lynn (recorded)
- September 13, 2018: Citizen Science Ethics 101 webinar. Chris Santos-Lang (recorded)
- October 5, 2017: Citizen Science and Ethics webinar with NIEHS’s Partnerships for Environmental Public Health (PEPH)
- Ethics in Citizen Science. Kelly Edwards
- Filling the Ethics Gap in Citizen Science Research: A Workshop Report. Lisa Rasmussen
- September 6-8, 2017: Open Science Fair
- July 27, 2017: Twitter #CitSciChat
- July 16-18, 2017: Filling the ‘Ethics Gap’ in Citizen Science. (Agenda, Attendees, List of Identified Ethical Issues)
- Current U.S. Regulatory Environment. Toby Schonfeld
- A Framework for Addressing Ethical Issues in Citizen Science. David Resnik and Kevin Elliott
- GalaxyZoo’s Code of Ethics. Jordan Raddick
- Research Ethics Consultation Model. Ana Iltis
- The Place of Ethics in the Federal Citizen Science Toolkit. Lea Shanley
- July 11, 2017: Twitter #CitSciChat
- May 20, 2017: Workshop: Filling the ‘Ethics Gap’ in Citizen Science Research CSA Conference 2017 (reported by Muki Haklay)
- May 19, 2017: Symposium: Keeping Tabs of Ethics CSA Conference 2017
- May 18, 2017: World Cafe: Which citizens have a moral responsibility to participate in science, and how can we tell when that responsibility has been fulfilled? CSA Conference 2017
- May 3-4, 2017: Pollution, Environmental Justice, and Citizen Science at the University of Warwick