Code of Conduct for CSA Events
The Citizen Science Association is dedicated to providing a safe, friendly, productive, and welcoming environment for all participants. All who take part in community events, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities and intellectual abilities, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, or religion or beliefs, deserve an inclusive and harassment-free environment. We hold that a diversity of views, expertise, opinions, backgrounds, and experiences of all attendees will make our community stronger, wiser, and more productive.
To this end, we expect all participants to adhere to principles of integrity and respectful treatment of others and their ideas. Please refer to Community Guidelines and the event Terms and Conditions for further support for positive interactions.
The following behaviors will not be tolerated:
- Hate speech, harassment, discrimination, abusive behavior, insults, intimidation, or threats in any form or medium
- Sexually explicit language or material (exceptions only for research-relevant biological processes)
- Violations of privacy or intellectual property
- Disregard for rules and instructions of session facilitators or moderators
- Illegal or criminal behavior
Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. Procedures and options for reporting violations will be prominently available throughout the event.
CSA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior. This may include immediate removal from the event or event site without warning or refund. CSA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future event, online or in person.
Policy version 2, revision effective 18 Feb 2021