We invite your help in identifying strong and inspired candidates to host the next in-person Conference (spring/summer, 2025) of the Citizen Science Association (heads up: we are changing our name*). Please share the following call for Expressions of Interest from potential hosts and partners.
Hosting is a huge opportunity for visibility and leadership in the field. Applying to host C*Sci2025 offers an unique opportunity to highlight your institution’s field leadership and your region as a center of excellence. This event brings international attention to the work of local/regional organizations, and raises local awareness about the global significance of these projects and practices.
Hosting also takes commitment. The details in the attached Call for Partners help you get a sense of what is involved and walk you through a process of determining if you have what it takes to step up to this leadership opportunity.
An Expression of Interest is completed through a Google Form here, which asks for basic information about the following:
- Host organization and contact details
- Host team composition and capacity
- Venue dates and availability options
- Venue capacity and features
- Location benefits
- Your vision for this event partnership
The form is available for your advance review, and can be submitted at any point before 10 September. Inquiries and requests for clarification can be sent to email@example.com (allow several days for response). Please review the additional details on the in the full Call For Partners to support planning.
- Through 10 September 2023: expressions of interest accepted
- 1-15 September 2023: CSA Board responds on a rolling basis to interest received
- 15 September 2023: final invitation of any full proposals
- 15 October 2023: full proposals due
- 30 October 2023: notification of proposal acceptance will happen by this date or earlier
Please share this opportunity with all compelling candidates – we look forward to seeing you at their location in 2025!
*Over the course of the ‘23-24 academic year CSA will change its name to affirm the broader identity of an Association Advancing Participatory Sciences. Details on the name change can be found here. Because of the timing of the release of this call, this document uses “CSA” throughout.